Adventures of the Cotic - A Quick Release holidays mountain bike race team


Wednesday 5 June 2013

All in a day's work

Team rider Matt reports from his relay triathlon last weekend 

What better way to spend a day at work than riding my bike around a big lake in the sunshine with a few hundred other people?

 A few weeks ago I took park in the Jones Land LaSelle Property Triathlon as part of my work CRBE Triathlon relay team. Donning a combination of CBRE and AQR kit (great colour clashes!), I set out with a personal goal to beat last year's time for the 20km bike leg of 36 mins 41 secs. Well, I didn't just beat it, I thrashed it by almost 3 minutes with a time of 33 mins 56 (stats from Kirsty - that's a 7.5% improvement!!!)

My team finished the top CBRE mixed team and my bike time ranked me within the top 20 for the cycle leg, finishing in the top 1.5% of all riders! Including some of the 'pointy-helmet' brigade ( you know, the ones that ride full-on time trial bikes!) Pretty impressed with that and it is clear that with personal ambition and aim together with expert coaching from the Potters that results can be achieved. Those times when Kate's punishing coaching drills have pushed me to the limit were worth it - thanks Kate and bring on next year's race!

No comments:

Post a Comment