Claire and I are off to Timor next week for some fun and games. We are riding the Tour De Timor, a 5 day stage race in the tropics. The Team AQR ladies team has been formed, I will be joining them and trying to act as domestique.
Below is the preparation checklist
1. New Felt Carbon Hardtails x 2 - Check
2. Learning to ride hardtails in Perth pea gravel - Check
3. New scare as a result of item 2 - Check
4. New MSR light weight tent - Check
5. Procuring bar-ends, semi slicks and other stage race equipment - Check
6. Lots of training - Claire - Check, Paul - kinda
7. New toys for Paul- XX Reba with hydraulic lock out - Check
8. Installing 4 new Maxxis Worm Drive - Check
9. Sending "personal items" and new AQR kit to Darwin via internal mail - Check
10. Wheels look remarkably fast - Check
11. Purchasing excess baggage for Claire- Check
12. Exceeding excess baggage for Claire - Check
13. Paul's evil plan on how to weigh the bike box - Check
14. Executing evil plan - Check - Bike box weighs - 6kg !
15. Sending Claire to Darwin for a week of acclimatisation - Check
16. Getting worried - Check
17. Nearly forgot Passport - Check
18. Multiple trips to Jones at Cycle Bespoke - Check
Stay tuned for some Tour De Timor tales...