Wow, mid-March already, how did that happen?! Anyway, this quick entry is long overdue as it's about time we revealed the 2012 line-up of the Cotic - AQR team, including some of the 2011 faces plus a new Elite XC rider...
Main sponsors for 2012 are of course Cotic bikes, A Quick Release holidays and A Quality Ride coaching. We are also pleased to be using:
- Clee Cycles / KCNC components
- Torq energy drinks
- Maxxis tyres from ONE Industries
- Sunwise eyewear
- Magura forks & brakes
Thanks also to Eurobike for supplies of American Classic 29er wheels.
And so to the riders...
- Emma Bradley joins the team this year as our main new rider. Emma will be racing Elite level XC at nationals and Southern XCs as well as some team events such as Enduro6. She will, of course, be on-board a Cotic Soda. A big welcome to Emma!
- Anne Dickins will be part of the team again this year as an endurance specialist, although her season will depend on her recovery from injury which is still ongoing - best wishes Anne! Most importantly though, Anne is the AQR & team physio - http://oxtedphysio.co.uk/
- Rachel Sokal will be racing endurance for Cotic - AQR in her first full race season after injury in 2011. Focussing on 12 & 24hr racing, Rachel will take on 24hrs at Exposure in April as well as TwentyFour12 and other events. She will be riding a Cotic Soda and prototype KP24 full-sus.
- Katie Collins will be racing Scottish XCs and team events, also on board a Soda.
- Kirsty Eastwood will be racing her Soda in Masters again in 2012, primarily at regional and team events, as well as a move to more duathlons.
- Anthony Jordan joins the team again as another enduro racer, also taking on Exposure and other 12 and 24hr events. Ant has a Cotic Soda and is currently building up a 29er Simple.
- Matt Prior will be racing regional sport and team events after a great 2011 season on his Cotic Soul.
- Simon Usher is formally welcomed to the team for 2012 and will be racing his Cotic Solaris 29er at Exposure in April and other solo events.
- James Dymond will also be racing regional events in sport as well as some pairs racing with Emma and others at Enduro6, Erlestoke12 and Bristol BikeFest. He'll also be on board a Cotic Solaris 29er for team events.
And finally, the racing... the season kicked off in style in Feb with a win from Kirsty at the Pippingford duathlon, well done K.E.!!
James then raced at Midlands XC round 1 in Leics in late Feb, coming 17th from a massive field of nearly 70 starters! A solid start to the season this early on in the year.